But how is the product covered during that time? The New Product Coverage Analyzer is a comprehensive report available for each payer segment (Commercial, Medicare, and Medicaid) that describes exactly how each payer will handle interim coverage of a new product until the P&T Committee reviews it – a time period that can exceed 12 months. This analysis is drawn from Zitter Health Insights’ extensive database of over 450 Commercial, Medicare and Medicaid payers.
What actions can you take?
- Forecast for new product launches, inline, and/or competitive product launches by segment and by payer
- Optimize payer account management resources based on timeline for decision making, course-correct messaging based on payer response (inline and competitor)
- Focus account team to defend against competitive activity
- Identify payers with significant short term barriers and payers where quick wins can be realized
- Enhance market assessment of developmental compounds and in-licensing opportunities
What insights are provided?
- New drug coverage policies by percent of payers and covered lives prior to new drug review at the national and state level
- Relevant new launch analog drug and individual payer response at 6, 12, and 18 months
With the New Product Coverage Analyzer, clients will receive a PowerPoint and Excel sheet reporting the following:
|New product coverage policy prior to review in aggregate within segments||
|New product coverage policy prior to review for each individual payer within each segment||
|New product coverage policy prior to review by state||
|Analysis of time to review and final coverage policy for analog launch drug(s)||
|Excel spreadsheet containing the full data set||